Residents Neglect Lack Of Compensation Over Losses

Residents neglect lack of compensation over losses, after deadly explosion in Ondo caused damages to house and properties.

The residents who were victims of the damages caused by an explosive truck in Akure earlier this year have now been reportedly neglect lack of compensation.

Recall that on March 28, 2020, a truck carrying some explosive items to Edo State had broken down in the said area.

The truck soon went up in flames and destroying almost anything within sight.

Residents of Eleyewo, Iluabo and Osi at Oba Ile in Akure North Local Government Area of the state are yet to be relieved after the explosion that rocked the communities, destroying over 100 houses and other valuables.

See Also: COVID-19 Patients Benefit #4500 for Meal

Many buildings in the area remain demolished without compensations from the Government, while owners have abandoned them for the time being.

SaharaReporters in a report said that some residents now shelter in mosques, churches, gas stations and houses of friends close to the neighbourhood since the incident.

As expected, the government is expected to give financial aid to the affected individuals in the said location which the government has refused to do.

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with more news. Also sign up for our newsletter to get latest news on your email.

Get our news across social media: Facebook – Nigeria News World; Twitter – @naijanewsworld; Telegram – @naijanewsworld; WhatsApp – 08145286945

AD: Get domain name at the cheapest rate from Nigeria domain name provider, Click here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

[ADINSERTER AMP
Enable Notifications    Ok No thanks