The historical walk of the Nigerian students on Wednesday seems to be yielding a good result with the outcome of the meeting with the education board.
The Nigerian students on Wednesday embarked on a peaceful protest in the capital city in Abuja to express their eagerness to resume back to school.
YOU MAY LIKE
Speaking after the protest, the South-West National Vice President National Association of University Students (NAUS) revealed that the federal government is ready to disclose the resumption date next week.
According to the said Vice President, Aruson David, the protest which started from Unity Fountain Abuja saw to a meeting with the Federal Education ministry.
The meeting had in attendance several Directors including a representative of the Minister of Education where the students tabled their demand before them.
What were their demands? According to David, the students were agitating for the following ;
– Safe reopening of schools.
– Provision of palliative for Nigerian students ahead of resumption.
– Provision of facemasks and all other safety kits needed to curb the spread of covid-19.
– Rehabilitation of health centres across tertiary institutions in the country.
– An interface between the Federal Ministry of Education and NURTW towards ensuring that there is no unreasonable astronomical increase in transport fares as students prepare to travel back to their institutions.
– Proper funding of the educational sector.
However, since the Minister of Education was not there in person, his representative vowed to relay these demands to the minister who will see to its actualization.
The representative of the minister further disclosed that a meeting to discuss the reopening of school will be conducted next week in which a press release will be sent out.
Conclusively, the Minister dissociate himself from the trending video that announced September 7th of 2020 as the resumption that and clarified that no such information ensued from him.
Photo Credit: Allnews
NEW! You can now join our whatsapp community to enjoy reading our news from your whatsapp chat list. Click here to join.
AD: Get domain name at the cheapest rate from Nigeria domain name provider, Click here.