The Nigeria Police has commenced NHIS registration for all retired police officers.
This follows the approval of the Federal government for the enrolment of all retired police officers for the National Health Insurance Scheme, NHIS.
According to a statement released by the Nigeria Police and made available on Twitter, the health benefit scheme is opened to all retired police officers irrespective of their ranks.
The Inspector General of Police, IGP M.A Adamu who noted that this development will help address the age-long quest for affordable healthcare services for Police retirees, has thus directed a nationwide registration to begin to that effect.
The registration which will take place in three batches will begin on Monday, 7th of September 2020 from the north-west states.
All retirees are to visit any Police Area Command closest to them alongside the following documents:
i. National Identity Number (compulsory)
ii. Letter of Retirement
iii. Retiree’s I.D Card
Schedule of Registration for the Retired Police Officers NHIS Benefit.
The statement showed that the registration will be in batches starting from September 7, the following is the schedule of registration:
Monday, 7th September, 2020 – Wednesday, 9th September, 2020
– North-West States: (Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Sokoto, and Zamfara)
– North-East States: (Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Taraba and Yobe)
– North-Central States “B”: (FCT and Nasarawa)
Monday, 14th September, 2020 – Wednesday, 16th September, 2020
– South-West States: (Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo)
– North-Central States “A”: (Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Niger and Plateau)
Monday, 21st September, 2020 – Wednesday, 23rd September, 2020
– South-South States: (Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Edo, Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa)
– South-East States: (Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo)
Don’t Miss Out: Clik here to get latest news updates on whatsapp.
Also, join out telegram channel, click here to join.
AD: Get domain name at the cheapest rate from Nigeria domain name provider, Click here.