It was earlier reported that the Nigeria popular hip hop singer, Naira Marley who earlier planned to spearhead a protest against the Police brutality and harassment on youths has called off the planned mass actions.
In return, the Nigerian born singer is to have an Instagram live chat session with the police spokesman, Frank Mba to discuss about the operations of SARS.
However, the live session has been held and here we bring you some important points that are noteworthy in the live session.
At the live session, it was said that;
1. Police would get SARS off the roads and enforce this themselves.
2. All Police officers henceforth must wear police uniforms.
3. You can record the police, however not in security concious zones. Security conscious zones are locations with tight security.
4. Police officers henceforth would only move in licensed police vehicles and not Danfo and Keke Maruwa.
5. The Police Force responds to direct social media messages. Hence, you can report any violation by calling or sending messages to the social media handles of the Nigeria Police.
6. The Nigeria Police are open to partnerships with youths to ensure effective policing. They said they are ready to recruit 10,000 youths.
7. There is no law against wearing short dresses, keeping dreads, or wearing certain hairstyles. The police promised that harrasements on such would end.